Friday, November 11, 2011

Salute To A Veteran


Since today is Veteran's Day, I thought it would be fitting to share a picture of my Grandfather (the one on the right with the higher drawn on rank). I KNOW this is where I got my sense of humor from. He has so many funny pictures I need to start posting more from time to time.  Somehow three Texans found each other and had this picture taken. This picture was taken in 1944 and I think it might have been NYC. Not in Texas at least.

I was very close to my Grandfather and he passed away on Halloween 2007. Very fitting for a man with such a great sense of humor. I encourage everyone to talk with the older veterans still in their lives and make an effort to learn about their memories. Write down stories. Record them talking if writing is not your thing. Anything. I know I am very lucky to have been close to my Grandfather and I miss him all the time. Holidays are just not the same without him around.

Happy Veteran's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment